Hyperventilation is a clinical condition which is defined as excess breathing. In this case patient breathes more than demand of the body. For those who have experienced this panic attack, it becomes important to know how to deal with the condition as it can occur again. People suffered the condition know well how horrible is this experience and eventually it can threat your life. Know more about symptoms and solutions of this problem below –
Symptoms of hyperventilation
Extreme excitement and stress can introduce this condition to you. Also, the voluntary situation to give rise to hyperventilation is taking many deep breaths; medical acidosis can also cause the same. Common symptoms of hyperventilation are as follows –
- Chest pain
- Dry mouth
- Short breath
- Exceptionally rapid heart beat
- Numbness and tingling in hands
How to deal with the condition?
Breathing through nose is the best way to avoid hyperventilation. Closing mouth is necessary during the time for you because this will reduce the intake of air and your body will be able to deal with excess ventilation. Know more about effective ways to avoid the panic attack –
- Leave your body loose by relieving your belts, waistbands, undergarments and tight clothing.
- Learn how to do diaphragmatic breathing and practice them normally often when you are not hyperventilating. In this way, you can try those breathing practices at actual attack of hyperventilation.
- Reduce your caffeine intake such as tea, coffee and soda; also avoid consuming lots of chocolates. Taking a healthy combination of foods is good idea for you to control exceptionally more breathing.
- Aerobic exercises regularly are good idea to know how to deal with stress. In hyperventilation, stress management works as the swiftest relieving option.
- Taking good sleep in night is an important thing for you. This will keep you away from anxiety during the day time.
- Stop thinking negative and keep yourself fully energetic with good thoughts and positive approach.
- If you don’t find diaphragm breathing working in your case during hyperventilation, switch your idea towards breathing in a paper bag. For this, take a paper bag and take 6 to 12 natural breaths in it. Probably, you will be able to breathe again naturally by doing this.
- Chew a sweet, then breath in slowly; then chew the sweet again and breathes out slowly. Repeating this process for few breaths will help you breath normally.
Whenever you face hyperventilation, you will probably fear for your life but you need not to be so anxious. You need to face the situation calmly and walk in fresh air for distraction from the breath. Also, controlling your breathes in a specific manners works. If you have ever experienced a panic attack of excess breathing, you should talk to the doctor and ask for better practices to avoid such situation. Moreover, you should be prepared mentally to face the attack again if it occurs eventually. In this way, you can beat hyperventilation.